Starting in the fall of 2019, Mass Youth Soccer is implementing a new Safe Soccer platform. This will strengthen the guidelines around the current credential process and requirements. More details will be posted here as they become available.
Who must complete the requirements for the CORI/Background Check, Abuse Prevention, Concussion and Credential policy?
All adult members, direct volunteers and employees of your organization fall under your guidance and therefore must complete the requirements.
Who is included in the definition of members and volunteers?
The following people/roles are included:
- Coaches (all types)
- Team Managers, including designated team parents assigned team management responsibilities
- Board members (Officers, Directors, Administrators, Committee Chairs, Appointees, etc.)
- Referees (Note: All USSF Referees will complete their CORI registration through MSRC).
- Trainers (Permanent or Temporary)
- Organization Employees
- Concession Workers
- Tournament Organizers, Employees, Volunteers
- And any other person age 18 or older who may have the opportunity to have direct and
unmonitored access to children.
For more information, please reference Mass Youth Soccer’s New Safe Soccer Platform Questions and Answers. It is important to note all adult volunteers will be required to take a series of online abuse prevention training courses.