Last Updated: 07-Oct-2020 1:15pm
The current COVID-19 pandemic brings many unique challenges and changes to our past practices. There will always remain an inherent risk participating in sports. These policies and procedures, combined with state and MYSA guidelines, aim to minimize risk. Returning to soccer is an individual’s own decision and all activities are completely voluntary.
This is a summary of required policies, in accordance with the most recent revisions, and not an all-inclusive list. Full details are available from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association.
Please read the Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines for complete requirements and policies that must be followed by everyone attending any Pepperell Youth Soccer activity.
If you develop any symptoms after you attend a Pepperell Soccer activity, please email email@example.com immediately.
- Release – Each individual attending a Pepperell Youth Soccer activity will need to sign a Release. This includes all Players, Coaches, Referees, and Volunteers regardless of the level of participation. ANYONE REFUSING TO SIGN A RELEASE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE. Parents/Guardians are expected to sign the Release on behalf of each Player/child under the age of 18. The releases are available for download on the Pepperell Youth Soccer website under “COVID-19”. While printed copies of the releases will be available at the field, we request everyone print and sign the release prior to arrival at the fields to help expedite the check-in process.
- Be Responsible – If you or your Player has had a temperature above 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit in the last 24 hours, is showing signs of COVID-19 or other possible illness, has been exposed to anyone showing signs of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or has had or been exposed to anyone who has had a positive COVID-19 test result in the last 14 days – please do not come to any practice, clinic, scrimmage or game. Stay home! Pepperell Youth Soccer reserves the right to ask any individual who appears ill to leave the field area.
- Attendance – Pepperell Youth Soccer will take attendance at every activity (practice, clinic, scrimmage, game). This is necessary for contact tracing. Please be sure to sign in each time you enter the Pepperell Youth Soccer field area. This applies to every person entering the field area.
- Masks – NO INDIVIDUALS WILL BE ALLOWED UPON THE PEPPERELL YOUTH SOCCER FIELD AREA WITHOUT A FACE MASK unless they are under the age of 2 or unless they have a medical exemption. Masks must be worn during play. Only masks attached around the ears shall be allowed during play.
- Physical Distancing – To help maintain physical distancing while at Pepperell Youth Soccer activities or in the field area, Pepperell Youth Soccer will have designated entrances and exits, marked player areas, and marked spectator areas. Please follow all signage and staff direction while attending a Pepperell Youth Soccer activity.
- Attendance Limitations – Pepperell Youth Soccer is held to strict attendance capacities which limit the number of people allowed to be present at each activity. Spectators are limited to one per player. Pepperell Youth Soccer reserves the right to limit the total number of Spectators for each activity to maintain these limits.
- Strict Time Frames – Pepperell Youth Soccer has staggered activity start times to limit the number of individuals on the fields and grounds at any time. We ask that Players, Referees, Coaches, Volunteers and Spectators arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to the designated session start time.
- Drop-off – Dropping off Players for their scheduled activity is allowed, however players may only be dropped off by a parent/guardian or other responsible adult 18 years of age or older. You must wait for your Player to be checked in for each activity before leaving. We will confirm each Player has a Release on file, a face mask, and proper equipment before you drive-off.
- Pick-up – We have strict limits on the number of people allowed on the grounds at a time. It is important that you promptly pick up your Player from their scheduled activity to assist us in staying within the limits.
- Carpooling – Per MYSA, no carpooling with other members of the team.
- Equipment – A list of required equipment is available on our website: https://www.pepperellsoccer.org/equipment/.
- Porta-Potties – Porta-Potties will be available for use at your own risk. These are maintained by a third-party company and we cannot guarantee the sanitation being performed. Anyone using a porta-potty must sanitize their hands before and after use.
- No Unscheduled Activities – All practices, clinics, scrimmages, and games must be pre-scheduled with Pepperell Youth Soccer. Pick-up games or practices are not allowed.
- Board Members – Board Members will be present at each session to assist with enforcing guidelines, maintaining the per person limits and answering any questions. In addition, each team has an assigned COVID Coordinator who is responsible for ensuring compliance at the team level (including players, spectators, coaches).
- Patience – We ask for your patience as we navigate the return to soccer this fall season within the strict guidelines from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Town of Pepperell, Massachusetts Youth Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
On-Field Procedures – for coaches, COVID Coordinators, and Board Members
Adult Return to Soccer Activity Review and Compliance Waiver – required prior to the first visit of a volunteer to a Pepperell Soccer activity between September 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
Player Return to Soccer Activity Review and Compliance Waiver – required prior to a player’s first participation in a Pepperell Soccer activity between September 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
Equipment Sanitation Log Submission – for Coach and COVID Coordinator use only.
Return to Soccer Activities (Mass Youth Soccer)
Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines (Mass Youth Soccer)
Symptoms of Coronavirus (CDC)